So here I am, finally choosing to sit down and blog for a change. It certainly isn't like I don't have anything to blog about. The challenge is to find the time. I recently went back to school and have finally settled back into the routine after Christmas break. Being off for 17 days can throw you a pleasant curve but settling back is hard.
So the back to school part - well through Athabasca Open University I am taking a degree in Human Services. Not sure where it will lead, but I have always chosen jobs that help others. It is were I get my most satisfaction. The reading for the course is intense and the amount of essays tops 12 for the first course. Fortunately I am already 1/2 way there on degree completion due to my previous credentials and I am submitting a portfolio to hopefully earn up to 30 more credits. I am telling you - this is lots of work but I am enjoying putting my self first for a change. I have wanted to complete a University degree for a long time - 13/14 years.
It's a busy time at work. Some of the families I work with are preparing to send their special little ones to school in September. It's a time of excitement, fear and questioning as I assist families with the preparation for that first intake meeting with the Board of Education. I am most confident my assistance will be of value to these families. Having children of my own who utilize some of the resources the schools have to offer puts my in a position to share what I now from personal experience.
Justin celebrated his 7th birthday. Man...where does the time go.
I am not making much progress on letting go of the housework/chore battles. I keep hoping the clutter will stop getting to me so much. It truly is the thing that can send me over the deep end. I have to continue to try to dig deep and try to remember that screaming at my family might get my house cleaned but it won't help nurture my relationships with my children. Priorities, priorities...but that supermom thing really drags me down sometimes.
Anyways, dinner smells good so it must be nearly cooked. Till I blog again....
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Good for you Trace! I too will go back to school one day..just not sure when. Hang in there...and let me know how it goes.
Jess :)
3 years later nearly and I am still only half way but getting there.
Post a Comment