...and what will you require of me today Lord? May I be ready to serve you. I am your servant.
At a time in my life when I am immersed in the feeling of being overwhelmed, I was drawn to an article in Christian Women's Online Newsletter written by Darlene Schacht. She talked about living in the moment and taking all that God lays out for you each day with grace and dignity and truly serving the Lord.
Reading that it made me realize that I have been seeing the glass half empty the last few weeks and I need to see the opportunities before me as not an "inconvenience" but as an opportunity to serve God. Whether it is driving my son to a friends house when I just sat down with my coffee, or sitting with my step father on the porch waiting for the Darts bus, or cooking a quick meal before a football or soccer practice ~ these "inconvenience" are not an inconvenience at all - but opportunities to do nice things for others - truly putting someone else's needs before my own and ultimately serving the Lord.
With this reminder I hope to to be able to shift my feelings of being overwhelmed to that of being blessed and grateful for the people around me. Gratitude is a powerful thing!
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance; for ye serve the Lord Christ." ~ Colissians 3:23,24
As I browsed onward I also stumbled across o new blog called Joyful Life and the August 25, 2007 post entitled Sylvia:In Him. There are several contributors and Sylvia is one of them. This blog article was on the theme of encouragement. Something I need much of these days. The statement she reminds readers of is that God does not give you more than you can handle IN HIM." This article was a great reminder of how we cannot face the challenges of our lives without the grace and wisdom of our Lord ~ something else I have to work on.
I thank the Lord for the way he moves in our lives - today it seems he pointed me in the direction of these wonderful online resources that have inspired me to move forward with the strength he will offer me - but I have to ask (a wise Aunt of mine told me that recently also :)
Thank-you Lord for working so positively in my life, providing me with tools at my fingertips, thanking you for being there for me and of course providing me with the wonderful people in my life that I can lean on and open my heart to in times of need.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment