Friday, January 5, 2007

So my photo on the right. Well I feel I must explain. This is a photo of me a few months ago at a charity fundraiser. Yes - if you look closely I am wearing a white bra with pink bows attached and a pink lay around my neck. Of course the significance of a bra and the colour pink helps to identify the charity - Breast Cancer. Now wearing this "team" costume, (which I will say I did not design) was a huge thing for me. Not only do I not really like to draw attention to myself, I most certainly do not see my "breasts" as my greatest asset. LOL. Anyways, the photo fits nicely with my background colours and since I am a scrapbooker - colour rules my world when laying out a page.

Our team won best costume that day and we raised a fair bit of cash. My grandmother died of breast cancer and it affects so many around us. I had a great time that day, bowling with the staff of my son's daycare. If you ever get a chance to do something fun like this I highly encourage it. I would much rather support someone in this type of event than the relentless calls I get from charities of all shapes and sizes.

I am not saying they aren't valid or needed - but come on - how many people can I sponsor in one day, week or month? If I could help them all I would but I don't like feeling guilty when I can't. Who knew that this would be the first topic of my blog - gee I think this is going to be fun!

No comments: