So I embraced the day yesterday- I put most of my mundane tasks to the wind and concentrated on family. I learned a few things about my children in the process. I learned Justin can know confidently draw clouds, bikes, houses, garages and fruit. This is huge as Justin is turning 6 this week (tomorrow actually) and has demonstrated some challenges and mild delays in the fine motor area. We have been drawing stick people for 2 years LOL.
I also made boiled eggs and taught Justin the fine art of dipping toast fingers. Toast fingers come from my childhood and I had never shared that with my children before. I learned the Gregory is showing an interest in drawing characters - Captain Jack and the Family Guy family. He is really showing some talent. I worked on our family puzzle
with my children, and even playing some video games. My older boy was nearby on the computer but wasn't too interested in us - must be the age. But he knew we were here if he wanted us. I had a good time just kickin' back and living in the moment a bit more - just me and the kids.
So today it was back to the norm - school and a brisk cold morning. Ughhh I hate winter!
So today it was back to the norm - school and a brisk cold morning. Ughhh I hate winter!





1 comment:
Hi Tracy My mom used to call those toast fingers "Soldiers" and your dad and I always enjoyed that dish. We also enjoyed warm rice, served on a dinner plate at lunchtime when we got home for lunch from Yorkview School in our primary years. Mom put raisins in it. Mmmmmmm These foods exemply love and warmth of family for me. Love AJ
Post a Comment