
OK so it's the end of March Break - part of me is obviously sad - I mean come on the pace has been SWEET! The other part of me however, the part that craves routine, is looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. My mind has been heavy this week with thinking over and over about Justin. The endless amounts of information I receive about his challenges has begun to take his toll. I need a diversion and believe me work keeps me busy with diversions of all shapes and sizes.
So where are we at - let's see...auditory processing difficulties, visual processing difficulties, hyper mobility, low muscle tone, likely learning disability, and difficulties with his muscles integrating together - oh an the new one "an immature nervous system". Each thing on it's own is not really a big deal to me, but all of those things together is a much larger mountain. However, like always we will keep climbing. I am looking into a new therapy - we shall see if I can coax myself into giving it a try.
Justin woke up with a mysterious rash today - almost like hives - mostly on his lower legs and bit on his lower back (right side). I took some photo's. The mysterious part is the cause. My concern is it's another symptom of something autoimmune. My reading - and I do like to read - indicates that the hives could be related to an autoimmune response and since he is sick with a cold - it does make good sense. The myositis (also an autoimmune response) he suffered 2 winters in a row has not reeled it's ugly head as of yet. I am optimistic. But my concern is that this is yet another symptom of a similar response. I don't know why I feel this way - call it a nagging feeling that keeps pushing me to connect the dots here. Oh well, by 6:00 the rash had disappeared. Thank god for digital or perhaps I might not have even believed it was there in the first place. He has been somewhat itchy with it, but often he is scratching spots where there are no marks. I suppose that could be the case.
High school Musical on Ice was a blast. My toe was tapping and I got some awesome pictures. My hubby deserves an even bigger kiss now that I saw how just great a zoom I have on my new camera - a Christmas gift. You can't go wrong with that.
Gregory is likely going to start goalie school soon and before we know it soccer and football season is upon us. Busy busy busy. Kevin is not up to much these days, except XBOX, but come June the football should get his heart pumping. I keep trying to find ways to keep him active but it's hard. He will be graduating from grade 8 this June also - talking about grade 8 grads has brought back many memories of my grade 8 grad - remember Jess (I am sure Jess will read this - she is my faithful reader). My sweetest moment was dancing to CRAZY FOR YOU from Madonna with my classroom crush Jay Charlebois - LOL - what a hoot!
Ah well, time for bed... soon anyways. Here's to spring being hopefully just around the corner!





No comments:
Post a Comment