We have much to celebrate this new year. Justin has started to read! I can't tell you how amazing it was to hear him read a 4 word sentence. He has worked incredibly hard and the specialized reading intervention he is receiving at school is likely the answer to our prayers. Although his struggles with his seizures is a journey we are still on that is "uphill", I look forward to the next steps and what is to come. We may even get to visit a radio station as I have been approached to possibly share our story on the Mac Kids Radio Telethon of 2009. I will keep you posted on this. Kevin is starting junior football at Westmount this year. I can't believe his first semester of high school is drawing to a close. It has been very eventful, ups and downs, but there are a fabulous team of educators there. He really is a great kid - he even donated 24 hours of his time to the Salvation Army Kettle campaign this Christmas season. That made me very proud.
Gregory is mid way through his first season as goalie. I admire his determination and confidence despite his team being on a "loosing streak" for the entire season. He never frowns upon himself, just keeps on smiling simply focusing on the love of the game.My work keeps me very busy as I endeavour on some new projects working with a new team in an Ontario Early Years Centre in the child development screening clinics. My Roots of Empathy instructor position (http://www.rootsofempathy.org/) is also promising to be a very rewarding experience.
2009 is shaping up to be the year I master patience as we await several tests for Justin to get a better handle on his medical and educational needs. But today I am able to look forward with continued optimism as I heard today a saying - only the strongest trees are left standing in the forest. I am determined we will all be the "strongest trees", no matter what life throws at us in 2009.





No comments:
Post a Comment