As I sit here wrapping up one of my many tasks - tasks that I volunteered to do I looked around at my messy home. Despite my best efforts, I have not managed to keep up on all my responsibilities and cut stars, make fake money, iron on t-shirt transfers, cut letters, type newsleters and run a Sunday children's ministry - plus work 30 hours and look after 3 kids, 7 cats, 1 sick dog and the like. As I looked around and got mad at myself for my unkept home (not even that bad really considering), I had a thought. Instead of being mad at myself for not having the time to keep my house as tidy as I would like, I should be thankful that I was able to let those tasks go - even for a short while so I could enjoy some special moments of parent hood. Helping your child's teacher prepare materials for a play your child has the lead in, is much more important and rewarding and will likely be remebered more than if you leave an occasional sink full of dishes.
Could this be an a-ha moment for me I wonder? Will I be able to let myself go to bed and not be upset if there are some things just left undone. I might just be able to now!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment